The Grand Lodge of NY offers a course for candidates to help them advance through the degrees. Originally, the course was offered in text form and was presented before each degree and after the 3rd degree. A DVD is now available that replaces the text format. It is comprised of 4 short videos that can be presented and the required intervals.
The LSOME session consists of the short video and then a discussion with the Lodge Education Officers. Both the video and discussion encompass the symbolism of the previous degree, along with preparation for the upcoming degree. The DVD is available from the Grand Lodge of New York.
Education courses now available from Grand Lodge include:
- LSOME – presented to candidates on a one-to-one basis
- Masonic Development Course (MDC) – a course that discusses symbolism of the 3 degrees. It is offered on a Lodge of District level.
- Leadership Development Course (LDC-8) – this course is ideal for both new Masons and Old-Timers. Available online from http://www.e-muny.org/
- The Road To The East – a course that develops leadership and aids members as they assume various chairs in the Lodge. This course is available on the Lodge or District level.
- The Master’s Chair – a new course that emphasises the duties & responsibilities of the Master, as well as instilling the essential tools required for a successful year. This course is offered on the District level.
- Individual Development Course – this course is offered on a regional level once a year. The course teaches time management, organization and leadership.
All of these courses are designed to enhance the “Masonic” experience. For local, district, or regional course, contact your District Deputy Grand Master or Grand Lodge Staff Officer.